The Citizen Service can take several forms. Depending on your tastes and expectations, you can choose one of our flagship projects, or one of the alternatives outlined below. Find out which one suits you !
From citizens on the sidelines to citizens on the front line!
Encouraging disabled people and young volunteers to meet and engage in activities together, that's what our project "From citizens on the sidelines... to citizens on the front line!" (DCM²) has to offer.
On the agenda:
You will attend training courses, take part in the "Let's play sport together" events, meet many people and take care of a holiday camp!
In order to prepare for these activities, you will attend training courses teaching you how to support disabled people. You will learn how to look after them, to provide basic care, and much more.
This project is carried out in collaboration with the Fauteuils Volants (Flying Chairs) association.
If you're interested in participating, or if you want more information about this project, please contact Jean-Baptiste Vierin by phone: 02/256.32.44, 0487/32.60.25, or by email: email@example.com
The Cross-border Ecological Citizen Service
The Citizen Service Network (Plateforme pour le Service Citoyen), in collaboration with the FÖJ-Rhineland-Palatinate (Voluntary Ecological Year) in Germany, the DRJSCS (Regional Directorate of Youth, Sports and Social Cohesion) in Lorraine (France), and the Service National de la Jeunesse(National Youth Service) in Luxembourg, launched a brand new pilot project : the« Cross-Border Ecological Citizen Service», and you can be one of the first participants!
What is the Greater Region ?
The Greater Region is an area that brings together 5 cross-border regions belonging to 4 different countries : Wallonia (Belgium) ; Lorraine (France) ; Rhineland-Palatinate (Germany) ; Saarland (Germany) ; and the Grand-Duchy (Luxembourg). The region, which is home to 11.4 million people, is an area of great regional economic, social and cultural exchanges and cooperation. For more information, visit the Greater Region’s web portal
What is the Cross-border Ecological Citizen Service ?
The Cross-border Ecological Citizen Service targets young people* aged 18 to 25 who live in the Greater Region. They are given the opportunity to carry out ecological, environmental and sustainability missions, while discovering another culture, and, in some cases, learning a new language.
* The only eligibility criteria are your age and place of residence. No specific qualifications are required.
- You will stay in one our partner regions : the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, Lorraine, Wallonia, or Rhineland-Palatinate;
- You will carry out a mission of your choice for 6,9 or 12 months in an organization actively involved in the fields of environment, nature, ecology and sustainability.
- You will receive an allowance and you will be covered by a health insurance as well as a public liability insurance.
And there's more! :
- You will attend international thematic seminars, during which you will meet other volunteers. You’ll have the opportunity to share your thoughts and experience, and to learn about the Greater Region, its surroundings, its culture and its history. Together, you will reflect on your plans for the future and take part in various workshops.
- You will participate in group activities related to environmental protection, along with other young people undertaking a citizen service.
- You will have the opportunity to learn a new language (German if you chose a mission in Germany or in Luxembourg). However, previous knowledge of the language is not a requirement, the only thing that matters is how motivated you are!
- Throughout your mission, you will receive continuous guidance and support from environment professionals. A tutor will guide and help you every day in your commitment, to ensure you have the best experience possible.
- In short, we want you to live a rewarding experience that will help you shape a promising future.
Where can you volunteer? What can you do ?
When it comes to your missions, you can choose from a wide range of possibilities. Each one of them gives you the opportunity to participate in environment and sustainability related activities. Among many other things, you can get involved in areas such as the protection of species, the protection of the biotope, city farms, organic farming and winemaking, working in the woods, environment education, supporting nature and environment protection organisations, green construction, energy and sustainability techniques, etc.
How do you apply ?
If you’d like to undertake your Ecological Citizen Service in Wallonia, you can learn about the application process here and fill out the application form here. You can read more about the missions here .
If you’d like to undertake your Ecological Citizen Service in:
· Lorraine (France), you can apply here;
· Rhineland-Palatinate (Germany), you can apply here;
· Grand-Duchy (Luxembourg), you can apply here.
For further information, please contact :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: +32 (0)2 256 32 44 / +32(0)487/32.60.20.
Coup2Pouce is the only TV programme entirely produced by young people! C2P is a 26-minute TV programme broadcast on BX1 (formerly known as Télé Bruxelles) every other Sunday at 6:30 pm. It is produced by youngsters and addressed to everyone! C2P gives young people a voice and an outlet to express themselves, because today, more than ever, we need to share our views, to put them to the test, and to be critical and alert at all times. Because, more than ever, societal challenges should not be discussed exclusively by the mainstream media, but also by the citizens, especially young people, who are rarely given the opportunity to be heard. Because some issues are kept silent, because there are issues that people don't feel able to discuss. That is why we have Coup2Pouce.
At Coup2Pouce, young people do everything themselves, from beginning to end! They choose a topic, prepare, shoot and edit the programme and take care of every step inbetween.
They have choices to make at each step of the film-making process, and each decision determines the content and the purpose of what they film.
Want to join us ?
Do you want to be heard ? To share something you love or just to rant ? Are you interested in video and sound editing ? You’re free to join Coup2Pouce! There are no requirements, all you need is the desire to speak your mind and share your ideas.
For further information:
· Email us : coup2pouce(at)cvb-videp.be
· Call us : 02/221.10.64 or 02/221.10.58
The Solidarcité Citizen Year
The Solidarcité citizen year gathers young people aged 16 to 25 from all backgrounds. In groups of 8, and guided by a supervisor, they engage in a threefold dynamic project that revolves around the following axes:
1. A civic commitment in the form of community service and social activities (50% of their time). They will take part in volunteer activities such as refurbishing the premises of a non-profit organization, distributing warm meals to those in need, working in a nature reserve, organizing cultural events, organizing activities for children on Saint-Nicolas’ day, take part in international projects, etc.
2. Training courses and awareness-raising (15% of their time) : the volunteer activities come together with an educational programme aimed at preparing volunteers to the actions they are going to undertake and raising awareness of some major issues such as sustainable development, education for democracy, respect for difference, North-South relationships, etc.
3. A personal time to grow in maturity (15% of their time). Through volunteering, you devote a period of your life to helping others, but it is also an opportunity for you to reflect on your plans for the future. For that reason, you will receive tailor-made guidance to help you define your post-Solidarcité project.
The remaining 20% of volunteers' time are devoted to group dynamics, assessment and group meetings with the other volunteers.
The Solidarcité programme aims to:
- Rekindle young people's desire to exercise their citizenship actively and dynamically, and enabling them to effectively put it in practice
- Provide all young people with tools for their future by improving their social, professional and personal status
- Foster cultural diversity and bring young people together from all backgrounds
- Promote associative development and community life.
- the Solidarcité citizen year is a 9 month programme that runs from October to June
- it consists of 4 days of activities a week, from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- there is no registration fee
- each volunteer receives a daily compensation
- tailor-made and on-request socio-educational counselling will be provided.
If you want to apply:
- attend the briefing session
- fill in the application form
- attend a personal interview
For further information, please contact us:
In Brussels: Solidarcité asbl, 14 rue Raphaël, 1070 Anderlecht - Tel: +32 (0)2 503 20 45 - Fax: +32 (0)2 502 67 35 - email@example.com
In Liège : Solidarcité asbl, Quai St Léonard 17b, 4000 Liège - Tel: +32 (0)4 250 01 12 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Asmae gives you the opportunity to take part in a 6-month-long group project. You will join a team of 8 young volunteers, and together, you will engage in civic activities, in Belgium and Africa. Here’s what you will be able to do:
- Engage in civic activities in Belgium :
Through workshops, thinking labs and meeting organizations working in Belgium, you will be able to get a better grasp of the opportunities provided when you get involved, alone or in group projects, and the issues at stake.
- Engage in a solidarity project in Togo:
You will spend three weeks in Togo, where you will meet young volunteers and work together on actions of solidarity. Before you leave, you will be trained in development education in order to get a better understanding of issues related to North-South relations and to development cooperation.
- Get involved during festivals in Belgium:
You will team up with other young volunteers to carry out several tasks such as assembling and disassembling equipment, welcoming visitors or managing a camp during festivals that make use of Asmae’s services.
- Take part in a group action and set up a personal project :
With the support of an Asmae youth leader, you will take part in a group project based on your preferences and abilities and related to the Citizen Service’s values. Asmae will also guide you through the process of defining and setting up your personal project.
During your Citizen Service, Asmae will provide you with the tools and training to help you carry out your missions in the best possible way, through awareness campaigns on intercultural communications and workshops on action-theatre, sustainable consumption, crowd control during events, etc.
- For further information:
If you want to know more about the Asmae experience, please contact Jean-Thomas : email@example.com or call +32 (0)2 742 03 01